If you own a property that is regularly used by a charity or falls into one of the 8 categories below you may be exempt from paying real estate tax. To qualify for an exemption your property must be:
- Zoned in your Current Municipality for a Real Estate Tax Exemption
- An actual place of regular religious worship;
- A non-profit burial place;
- Property used regularly for public purposes;
- Owned Occupied and used by any branch or post of honorably discharged service persons and regularly used for charitable or patriotic purposes;
- Actually and regularly used by an institution of purely public or private charity for the purpose of the institution;
- A Hospital or institution of learning (schools) or charity including fire and rescue station founded and maintained by public or private charity; or
- A Public Library, museum, art gallery or concert music hall provided and maintained by public or private charity.
If your organization falls into any one of the seven categories listed above you can apply for an exemption from real estate tax in the county you are located. If you have any questions call Gregory J. Spadea at 610-521-0604 of Spadea & Associates, LLC in Ridley Park, Pennsylvania.