Gregory J. Spadea
Mr. Gregory J. Spadea is a former IRS Agent and Pennsylvania Certified Public Accountant. Mr. Spadea has over 25 years of tax and estate planning experience. Mr. Spadea graduated from Widener University School of Law in May 1999. Mr. Spadea started the Firm Spadea & Associates, LLC in June 2001 and has offices in Ridley Park, Pennsylvania, and Westmont, New Jersey. Mr. Spadea is also a Pennsylvania Notary Public.
Spadea & Associates, LLC focuses on estate and tax planning, estate administration. Mr. Spadea probates estates and drafts wills, trusts, powers of attorney and health care directives. The firm also helps clients with Medicaid planning and other elder law issues.
The Firm also advises clients on selecting the appropriate type of entity to conduct business in Pennsylvania and timely making the appropriate tax elections. The Firm educates clients on proper corporate governance and limiting their liability. The firm prepares contracts, commercial leases and shareholder agreements. The Firm also represents corporate, small business and individual clients before the Internal Revenue Service, the United States Tax Court, as well as state and local taxing authorities.
Spadea & Associates, LLC drafts residential rental agreements and handles landlord tenant matters. The firm also helps clients sell their real estate without a realtor for a fraction of the cost.
Spadea & Associates, LLC prepares corporate and individual Federal and State and local tax returns year round.
Mr. Spadea was a Delaware County Public Defender in 2002. The Firm provides criminal defense for drug possession, DUI, retail theft and traffic violations.
Spadea & Associates, LLC represents clients in civil litigation in Philadelphia, Delaware, Burlington and Camden County Courts.
Mr. Spadea is a retired JAG officer and senior defense counsel in the US Army Reserves. Mr. Spadea is a life member of the Veterans Of Foreign Wars, and Military Officers Association of America.
Areas of Practice
- Estate and Tax Planning, Estate Administration, Elder Law
- Business Law, Contracts, Entity Formation and Corporate Governance
- Criminal Defense, White Collar Crime, DUI and Traffic Violations
- Tax Return Preparation
- Real Estate Transactions, Commercial and Residential Leases and Evictions
- Civil Litigation
- Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, 1999
- State of New Jersey, 1999
- United States District Court for the District Of New Jersey, 1999
- United States Tax Court, 2002
- United States District Court for the Eastern District Of Pennsylvania, 2003
- United States Court Of Appeals for Veterans Claims, 2004
- United States Army Court of Criminal Appeals, 2011
- United States Court Of Appeals for the Armed Forces, 2011
- Pennsylvania Notary Public
- Financial Industry Regulatory Authority Arbitrator
- Employer Support of the Guard & Reserve Mediator
- New Jersey Foreclosure Mediator
- Pennsylvania Certified Public Accountant (Inactive)
- New Jersey Title Insurance Producer (Inactive)
- Widener University School of Law, Wilmington, Delaware, 1998 J.D. Honors: Phi Delta Phi Fraternity Honors: Harrington Inn – Honor Chapter Honors: Pennsylvania Certified Public Accountant
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Delaware County Attorney CPA Forum, 2007 – 2008 Vice President
- Delaware County PRO, 2008 – Present President
- Delaware County Bar Association
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Philadelphia Bar Association
- Philadelphia Estate Planning Council
- Camden County Bar Association
Past Employment Positions
- Internal Revenue Service, Federal Revenue Agent, 1988 – 2001
- Delaware County, Public Defender, 2001 – 2002
- Philadelphia VIP, 2007 – 2008
- Pennsylvania LAMP Program, 2006 – 2008
- Tax Preparation Available Year Round
- Pennsylvania Notary Public