You should keep receipts for the following expenses which are deductible on the PA Inheritance Tax Return and the PA final PA-41 fiduciary return:
- Funeral costs including luncheon and head stone;
- Attorney, Accounting and Appraisal fees and Real Estate Commissions;
- Final medical bills;
- Final utility bills including cable, internet, telephone, gas and electric;
- Costs incurred to sell assets of the estate including real estate taxes and property insurance;
- Probate Fees paid to the Register of wills;
- Probate publication fees;
- Executor Travel Expenses;
- Cost of a Posting a Bond;
- Debts of the Decedent;
- Federal and Pa Income Tax paid with final income tax returns.
Contact Spadea & Associates, LLC at 610-521-0604 if you need help administering an estate or find yourself being appointed as an Executor.